Tuesday, April 30, 2013

UFC Ministry


So this is the second time doing this since I've been here, but connecting with guys at the local sports bar-over some nachos and loud background music-has been a huge blessing. Even having conversations with guys that I meet around town, just the fact that I am able to be conversant with them and connect with them on a level that compels them to lower their guard and creates a conversation where we could connect, has been a great joy.
So this past Saturday was UFC 159, and after the main event--I was hoping that Jon "Bones" Jones would win--my friend Arnold and my other friend Beau had the most amazing conversation about Heaven, the Trinity, and Jesus. I thought to myself, "I'm in a sports bar in Vancouver BC talking to my neighbor about Jesus...this is amazing...this is why I came...this is what I live for."
It was also a wonderful opportunity for me to connect with a good friend I've made since being here...that would be Phil. He is the guy who's son is as old as Solas...we actually get together at least a few times a week. I praise The Lord for these men that he has put in my path...and the friendships that have been formed.
~Cec

No comments:

Post a Comment