Thursday, April 25, 2013

The Lawn Mowing Ministry



 
So several months ago when Tracy and I first moved into this neighborhood we introduced ourselves to the neighbor who lived right next to us, and we asked her if She would mind if I mowed her lawn as I was mowing mine. She agreed so I would mow her lawn with the push lawn mower. After that she began to send baked goods to our house, and I was able to meet her 26 year old son--his name is Beau--who often works out of town.  One day he brought over some baked goods that his mother made and I asked if he would  be willing to meet up at a coffee shop.  I was able to share my life and testimony and he shared much of his life as well.  After several weeks of connecting I was outside. as we were both doing both of our lawns, and I asked him, "what do you think about God, the Bible, religion and Jesus...if you don't mind me asking?" As he smiled and said he didn't mind I laughed and said, "you know what Im all about..."Im sure you saw this one coming, you'd figure I'd ask you about the whole "God" thing right, this shouldn't be a surprise. " for the next 30 minutes we had the most amazing conversation. I was able to share about why Jesus came to earth, about how all human beings are made to worship, and how no matter how hard we try we could never be right with God or be "good enough."  Our conversation ended prematurely, but he said he wanted to meet again and that he had a whole lot more questions for me.  After that talk I realize I need to start mowing a lot more people's yards so I could build those connections.

No comments:

Post a Comment