Monday, April 22, 2013


Baking Bread--So a few nights ago Tracy and I invited friends to come over. We ordered some delicious vegetarian pizza and baked some bread from scratch--and when I saw we I really meant Tracy and our friend Michelle, while Arnold--Michelle's husband--and I were hanging out in the living room watching the kids and discussing theology. After the bread was out of the oven Tracy and I took the bread to our neighbors. We really wanted to build community and get to know those who live around us. A few houses didn't answer but we ended up passing out our three loaves of bread--we live in an area where most of our neighbors are from India so Tracy made the bread vegan. The last house we arrived in actually invited Tracy and I in. It was such an incredible experience to be in another family's house whom we just barely met. The family was Sikh and we had the opportunity to hear about their lives and we shared what were would be doing in Thailand, and share that we would be telling people about Jesus. I felt so honored that this family were so courteous to Tracy and I. I pray that we would be able to connect with them more in the future.  I hope that as they enjoyed the bread my wife my for them, they may come to know the one who is the Bread of Life, the one who truly sustains us, and the King of Kings and Lord of lords.

Cecil

No comments:

Post a Comment