Saturday, February 15, 2014

Visiting Thai Churches



Ok...I'm going to count to 3 1...2....ok, when I count to 3 I want you to look to me...1.......this is the biggest decision of your life......2.......you may never have this opportunity again...ok let me start over again.....
Sorry, I couldn't resist....inside joke here.  Tracy and I have been so thankful for the opportunity to worship in different settings.  

  1. The River--This worship service was a wonderful experience.  I was able to truly enjoy the worship service and I appreciated the fact that Thais were the ones leading worship and preaching.  I love the fact that they took this piece of land that was used for sin and wickedness and redeemed it for the glory of God.  I had a wonderful conversation with the missionary wife.
  2. Acts Church--This was the first church that we worshipped with on Sunday.  We had a great time with the wonderful worship service.  It was very powerful.  One thing that I really liked about it was that they offered headsets so that you could hear the English translation simultaneously.  We had the opportunity to enjoy some lunch afterward which was nice.
  3. Thai Baptist--The most recent Thai church that we went to was one that was fairly small with a very small worship team but a nice group of believers.  After the service the family and I enjoyed some delicious Thai food as we attempted to use our broke Thai to communicate with those sitting around us.  I was surprised to know how much English they actually had...it truly was a great blessing to know about their lives.  I think the most important and encouraging aspect was that the Thai were the ones that we're running the whole service.

No comments:

Post a Comment