Saturday, February 1, 2014

American Sign Language vs. Thai Sign Language



So a few days ago I was at the mall and I saw two foreigners--a husband and wife--talking with two Deaf high school girls.  I wanted to go up to them and ask about the signs they were using.   You see I have been praying about having some sort of ministry amongst the Deaf community in Thailand…but I didn't know how.  I actually have done some research and found that a good chunk of Thai Sign Language is the same to American sign language.  I realized that even though I didn't have enough courage to approach the family at the mall Tracy and I saw the wife walking around our neighbourhood…we were in a rush to an appointment so we didn't stop to talk to her, then tonight at the carnival I saw the family and asked about it.  I found out that her husband teaches at the Deaf school…I am looking forward to introduce myself at this school and try and pick up the Sign Language of this country.

Cecil

1 comment:

  1. So pumped for you, Cecil! God's gonna use you in big ways amongst the deaf people in Thailand... I just know it! :)

    ReplyDelete