Friday, February 21, 2014

Sacred moments


So I was having a conversation with a friend of mine about the boys beds and I let him know we decided to get him some cool fire-truck beds as oppose to regular beds and he encouraged me in that it was a good investment.
You know for most all of our marriage Tracy and I have either purchased used furniture or have used what others have given us.  So when we were purchasing beds for the boys we were torn between getting them some beds they could perhaps use for about 10-15 years or something they would really love even if they grow out of it in 5-7 years.  I was encouraged that at this stage in the game the moments of laying down with the boys are "sacred moments."  He mentioned that as the boys get older those "sacred moments" would probably look different.  It could become conversations over the dinner table, taking a jog, long bike ride, or some talks over a smoothie and cappuccino. Either way I was reminded that Tracy and I have a wonderful privilege to take advantage of this stage as we have nice talks with the boys as we read books to them, tell them Bible stories and pray over them.  Everyday The Lord allows my boys to be alive is a gift...Jesus has the right to take my boys home whenever He chooses.  While they are under my care I choose to thank and praise Jesus for them, whenever He decides to take them home--if it's before me--I pray that I would still praise and thank Him.


Cecil

No comments:

Post a Comment