Sunday, February 9, 2014

Breakfast with Vigilante Andy


So for about 8 years I have been meeting with men on Friday morning.  It started at Denny's in Bakersfield CA with two guys and myself.  It grew to around 8 guys, then it multiplied to two groups, one at 4:30 a.m and the other at 6:15.  I truly loved seeing those guys each week.  Then when I moved to Vancouver there were a group of us who met at Denny's on Friday mornings again.  Now living in Chiang Mai the Friday mornings are with Andy Owen.  It's not at a Denny's but nonetheless it's very life-giving.  I was at the coffee shop last week and I was chatting with another missionary there who is really struggling.  I asked him if he had life-giving community...he told me not really.  Then he asked me if I had any.  I was filled with gratefulness, because I do.  I am very thankful to The Lord that I have a brother in The Lord I can trust and go to war with.  My question is do you?  Do you have someone, or a community of people you can connect with and talk to...life giving community?  I pray that you either do or will...we were never meant to go at this alone.
--Cecil

No comments:

Post a Comment