Monday, February 10, 2014

Pray with me...


Exodus chapter 2, verses 23-25 popped into my heart the other day when I was quiet before the Lord, asking him where he'd want us to church plant in Thailand in the future.  
I love asking him a question.  Because he always answers!

I asked, "Where?" and he answered with these verses.  

"Now it happened in the process of time that the king of Egypt died.  Then the children of Israel ground because of the bondage, and they cried out; and their cry came up to God because of the bondage.  So god heard their groaning, and God remembered His covenant with Abraham, with Isaac, and with Jacob.  And God looked upon the children of Israel, and God acknowledged them."

I feel like God suggested to my heart that I am to pray that he sends us to a people who have been groaning because of their bondage, and have been crying out to God.  

I love God's answers.  They're most always like this.  

My dear friend, Kidron Miller, and fellow church planter to Berlin, once said, "maybe its not so much about the 'Where' as it is about 'Surrender' ".  

Please join me in praying that God would move us to where ever people have been crying out for his deliverance from their present bondage.

~Trace

1 comment:

  1. Lord, thank you for Tracy and Cecil's heart to go WHERE those are hurting; to places where surrender is the deep, and perhaps unknown, desire of the heart. Lord, thank you for equipping them in this moment for that "WHERE" and preparing them to walk with those who carry baggage that You have already shouldered for them . . . Lord, as You prepare this path, in Your perfect timing, may You grant Tracy and Cecil patience to stay the course when your answers may involve long periods of waiting. May You give Tracy and Cecil an open mind and trust in YOU to go according to Your plan and not their own agenda. May they see this preparing process as valuable and part of Your plan and not some kind of biding time . . . thank you Lord for blessing the faith of this amazing couple and for comforting them daily with your new mercies.

    ReplyDelete