Saturday, June 27, 2015

Life of a King



So I was recently up late watching a Netflix movie and came across this one..."Life of a King."  It is truly an inspiring story.  It reminded me of a part of my own life.  The main character is Euguene Brown played by Cuba Gooding Jr, his interaction with his son really struck me.  I think the reason is because it reminded me of how my relationship was with my Father.  After high school I had so much anger and hurt inside, when my Dad reached out to me seeking my forgiveness and love I refused to give him the time of day.  There were actually a few instances where I lashed out at him.  It wasn't till I came to a point where I surrendered my life to Jesus that I understood forgiveness.  Today I am happy to announce I have a wonderful relationship with my Father.  We had some honest conversations and Jesus has done an amazing healing in both our lives.  I love him dearly and an grateful for him.  The fact that I was pretty much raised without a Father has allowed my to identify and sympathize with those experiencing it as well.  It has also given me a stronger resolve to be there for my boys.  I am grateful that Jesus loves to redeem past circumstances and situations of pain and difficulty and transform them into wisdom and compassion.

Cecil

No comments:

Post a Comment