Thursday, May 8, 2014

Muay Thai and MMA Ministry


So the guy right above me is named Francisco Ayon.  I was told about him when I first arrived, that he's a Mexican guy but is here teaching Muay Thai, Jujitsu and other mixed martial arts.  I was given his phone number but never called because many friends told me about how expensive it is to train in Chiang Mai.  Oddly enough several month later I was on a street corner with another fellow missionary named Jon Esau and Francisco comes up to me and gives us his card.  I looked and him and said "where are you from my fiend?" He told me he was from Mexico!  I looked at him and in Spanish I said, "hey, you're Francisco aren't you."  Several days later I checked out his facilities, he invited me into his home and introduced me to his family.  Later that night Tracy and I had them over for "Friday night pizza" and had the opportunity to get to know them more.  It was at our dinner table that he told me it has been a life long dream of his to move his family to Thailand and train people.  He said that he only charges about $390 for foreigners to come and terrain with him, room and board included.  He mentioned that his greatest joy is to share Jesus by the way he lives his life.  It was a very pleasant surprise!  I have been training for a few weeks and it honestly feels like I'm back in HS wrestling practice the workouts are so intense...however it's a blast as well.  I've had the opportunity to introduce about a half-dozen of my fiends to his gym.  Especially Spire--pronounced Spy-who isn't a Christian but I've been hanging out with for the past several weeks.  Pray that I would make the most of this opportunity to minister to guys I meet, that I would grow in my friendship with Spire as I use my Thai with him, and that I would be able to bless Francisco by bringing more business to his Muay Sangha MMA gym.

Cecil







3 comments:

  1. That's so cool. Will definitely be praying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. God works in amazing ways! How awesome that you had heard about Fransico prior to him coming up to you months later. Wow! Thanks for sharing. Please tell Tracy hi and that we've missed her at WBS! Praying for your adventure that God has lead you on.

    ReplyDelete