Monday, March 17, 2014

Thai Test Straight Ahead


So Tracy and I are coming up on our first Language test.  These are some pictures of our teacher Khruu Pai(Khruu means teacher).  So we have been here for over 3 months and been studying language for about 2 months, and after every module there is a test before starting the new module.  Part of me, Cecil, wished I was further along in language than I am right now.  However, there is another aspect and it's that I recognize that we need to show ourselves a little grace...I mean we've only been here for 3 freaken months...and only been studying for the last two for crying out loud.  I know that we certainly could be further along, but I also know we are further along than those who have been here longer than us.  Truth is Tracy and I do realize that we understand so much more than we did at first, and we are able to express ourselves so much more than when we first arrived.  I remember getting home from a date with Tracy on a Tuk-Tuk and putting my cell phone to my ear as I tried to learn the phrases for "turn left, then right, go straight, stop here please."  The. Just last week after the movies I was able to communicate those directions without looking at the Thai-English dictionary once...so I do realize that we are improving even though it doesn't always feel like it.  So by the time most of you read this Tracy and I will either be taking the test or have already taken it.  Afterward we are planning on doing some special family adventurous stuff around Chiang Mai...such as watch The Lego Movie, go swimming...and get some R & R.  Thank you for reading our updates and being part of our lives.  Tracy and I recognize that the people who actually take the time to read these blogs truly want to know what we are facing and what's going on in our hearts...so thank you so much...you mean the world to us....thank you for your support!!!

Rami


No comments:

Post a Comment