Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Praying, thanking, and feeling unworthy

So this morning Tracy took the boys to their first day of school and I was at home alone.  I began doing some reading, then I started thinking about my devotion on Malachi 4 regarding men in general, fathers in particular.  I begun reflecting on The Father offering up His Son Jesus...and it really got to me...it wrecked me and sincerely pierced my heart.  I began weeping thinking of giving up my own sons, even for the sake of all humanity.  I began to picture my boys faces as they would leave me to be mocked, spit on, punched, have their clothes ripped off, their closest friends betray them, flogged, their flesh torn off their bodies...as I was weeping I told The Lord that I don't think I could have done it.  I was on my face, weeping, thanking The Lord as I felt so unworthy.  I realized in that moment Tge Father did that for the nation of Thailand, then I heard the Holy Spirit whisper to my heart, "and I did it for you Cecil."  
May He continue to give me the strength to live for Him.
Jesus is the only King worthy of my praise.

Cecil

No comments:

Post a Comment