Monday, November 11, 2013

Surprise Visit


So I was driving around early one evening and I decided to stop by an old friends house.  I was so glad I did.  He was all alone, he and his wife are currently separated so this particular evening he was all alone.  We ended up just talking in his livingroom for about three hours.  I used to work with this guy so I remember having daily conversations with him and to be perfectly honest I miss those days.  I taught for 5 years in an elementary school which most all of the teachers were women and I felt like The Lord wanted me to pour into this man.  There were certainly very difficult days were I felt that this individual was so difficult to deal with I wanted to throw in the towel, but The Lord really gave me a tender heart for this hard-hearted man and we became very good friends.  I was able to be a good listener--much of this I learned from my wife--and I had a few opportunities to offer counsel and challenge him in a few blind spots in his life--truth of the matter is we all have blind spots.  I was so grateful I had a free evening to meet up with him as I felt The Lord directed me to his house.

Cecil

No comments:

Post a Comment