Saturday, November 9, 2013

Rage that reminds...



So I witnessed a young man in my neighborhood who got in an argument with his girlfriend and I can tell was visibly very upset, hurt and full of rage.  I reached out to him to see if he could come with me, cool off and talk about it but he didn't want to have anything to do with me in those moments. He reminded me of myself about 12 years ago. Shortly after that I say him walking and I felt The Lord tell me to give him a second chance, so I called out and told him I'd still give him a ride if he was interested.  To my surprise he was.  In the car he broke down and apologized for the way he'd been acting towards me and told me he needed to go to Church because God was the only one who could help him right now.  We then had a very good discussion and I ended up praying for him and sharing how Jesus Christ is the only one who can make us into the men, fathers and husbands we were meant to be.  I had the privilege of sharing how men who have been following Jesus have been there in my life to hold me accountable and go to war with me, they have been the soldiers by my side and how every man who desires to honor The Lord must have these men.  My friend Eric told me he would be interested in meeting these men.  Pray I could connect him with my closest friends who will walk with him.

Cecil

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your beautiful testimony of love, joy, peace, patience, kindness,goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control! Your gentle persistence and willingness to sacrifice your time for someone else is such a wonderful example of how to love others and love the Lord! I'll be praying for your friend, Eric. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete