Saturday, November 23, 2013

Late Night Talks




So I have been trying to reach out to my next door neighbour who works at Cafe Med and we've had a few conversations but nothing really deep.  A few nights ago I was out dropping off my trash and I saw him outside.  We began talking and he asked me, "So why are you going to be in Thailand for 10 years?"  This began an amazing conversation.  It was a wonderful spiritual conversation, and we had the opportunity to talk about our up-bringing and our father's not being present in our lives growing up and what kind of men and father's we desired to be.  I was able to share with him that as a man we could "white-knuckle" it only so much then we crack.  And we end up being exactly like the person we didn't want to become, and that only Jesus truly change us into the man He desires us to be.  I was able to look him in the eye and mentioned that whenever he wanted to talk to anyone I would be there for him and even though I didn't know him that well I truly cared for him.  I believe that meant a lot.  I was grateful to throw out the trash the same time he was.


Cecil

No comments:

Post a Comment