Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Rhyson's devotion



When I was living in Abbotsford I met an extraordinary young man by the name of Rhyson.  I met him around the Fall of 2012 and I ran into him again at Red Robin.  I went home for Christmas then we ran into each other again.  He shared about his marital struggle and as he was vulnerable I felt the Lord compel me to connect with him on a more constant basis.  Even though I was living an hour away in Vancouver we began a relationship wherein I had the honor of driving to Abbotsford once every two weeks to meet with him at Denny's.  It was a time in Rhyson's life where he desperately needed someone to listen, pray with, and offer counsel and encouragement.  Ironically, it was a time in my life that I was yearning for a friend and in Rhyson I found a strong brother in Christ who had a resolve to fight for his marriage like I have never experienced in my life.   It was truly my honour to see him every two weeks.  I was privileged for the late nights he would call me when he was feeling that the weight of the world was on his shoulders and he needed someone to pray over the phone with and offer counsel.  When scripture talks about "loving your wife like Christ loved the church" the man who comes to mind is Rhyson.  There were a few times where I was wondering if I was on the correct path as a father and husband and I would talk to Rhyson, to which he would respond to me with words and counsel that was richly rooted in scripture.  I thank the Lord that He put him in my life.

Cecil







No comments:

Post a Comment