Thursday, October 31, 2013

Leading leaders



So I was invited to speak to a group of Bible study leaders recently.  This was very new for me because I have led Bible studies and have shared at congregations and with men's groups but never "leading leaders" per say.  I felt the Holy Spirit wanted me to talk about what He has been speaking to me regarding discipleship and equipping those we are leading so they can lead others and multiply and reproduce other disciples.  So I shared this with the men, many of whom were about 15 years older than I, some were twice my age.  There were definitely times that I could tell I was "ruffling up feathers" and making many of the men feel uncomfortable as I was challenging them to a deeper level of discipleship and leading.  Nonetheless, at the end I felt like the men had some good topics to think about and I prayed that the Holy Spirit would taking the topics we discussed and do a work in their life.  I also realized that if I really walk in the ways of Jesus I would be attracting sinners to myself, and offending religious people.  When I don't get that kind of response...then I should be concerned.

Cecil

No comments:

Post a Comment