Thursday, October 31, 2013

Late night Knock...



So it was earlier this week that I, Cecil, was in bed doing some admin work on the internet when I heard the doorbell at 12:30 a.m.  I thought to myself, "who in the world is ringing the freaken doorbell at this hour."  So I go downstairs and I look through the peep hole but I don't recognize who it is, so consequently I don't answer the door.  Then I hear the young lady ring the next door nieghbor's doorbell and ask them to use their phone, the neighbor says no and slams the door in her face.  I step outside with my phone and let this young lady use it.  It turns out she was supposed to hang out with some friends down the street but was disconnected from the group and she ended up walking the streets for about 45 minutes looking for her friends.  Tracy and I realized that she needed a ride home so we asked our good friend who lives right next door to come over and watch the kids while we dropped her off.  Turns out she was 16 years old and she went to BHS, she lived in an apartment with her dad and his girlfriend.  On the way home we told her we felt like the Lord had placed her in our path for a reason and we prayed for her before she got out of our car.  When we asked her why she came to our house out of all the apartments around us, she simply said because she saw some lights on.  Tracy and I knew that the Lord was the one who guided her to our house...we were so grateful that He did.

Cecil

No comments:

Post a Comment