Monday, October 14, 2013

Phone Call Out of the Blue


So out of no where I decided to call friend who has been in my life for many years.  I didn't know that this individual recently has been going to worship with other Christians and has been recently seeking and exploring the whole concept of God.  I was thrilled when I heard that.  Several weeks later we were able to have a conversation and I had a chance to hear his heart with regards to his future and the family that he desired.  I had the privilege to share how I have been incredibly blessed with an amazing woman who loves the Lord and who is a wonderful mom, great wife, and my best friend.  I shared the reason for that is that our marriage and friendship is based on Jesus.  I explained how I do not see my wife the way the world tells me to see her but I try to see her the way the Lord wants me to see her, and when I do that, it quickly brings me to tears because I realize how great the love of Jesus is by giving me such a gracious woman.  I asked if he had a Bible and he mentioned that he didn't.  Soon after we had that conversation I was able to give him a Bible.  I am very excited to see what Jesus does in this man's life.  I love and care about him deeply...grateful that he's been in my life.

Cecil








No comments:

Post a Comment