Sunday, October 11, 2015

The Sampley Family a Gift from God



I was 19 years old when I stumbled into my first class of American Sign Language, and DeAnn Sampley was my professor at Bakersfield College.  I was a young man lost and drowning in my own sin.  Nonetheless, I became interested and intrigued with a group of young students who followed Jesus and were close to the Sampley family.  It was later that I discovered how much they were praying for me...and I'm so thankful and grateful they did.  It was through their compassion, love and care for me that drew me to Laurelglen Bible Church, it was June of 2002 were I dedicated my life to Jesus, soon after Mike Sampley baptized me and I became involved in the Deaf Church and their Bible study out of their home.  I grew tremendously from the studies and watching their lives.  I could honestly say I am a better man, and stronger follower of Jesus because of the love and guidance they have given me throughout the years.  Being far from them certainly isn't easy, but I thank the LORD for the precious time that we spent together.  Sampley family, you have been, and always will be, a precious gift of God to me family and me.  LORD bless you and your wonderful household.

Cecil















1 comment: