Saturday, September 15, 2012

Psalm 139

I never knew how CLOSE the LORD is.  To me.  To Cec.  To ALL OF US.  He has been SOOO close.
 
David knew it. 
"You know when I sit and when I rise;
you perceive my thoughts from afar.
3 You discern my going out and my lying down;
you are familiar with all my ways.
4 Before a word is on my tongue
you, Lord, know it completely.
5 You hem me in behind and before,
and you lay your hand upon me.
6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
too lofty for me to attain."

I was praying for the Holy Spirit to talk to me.  And its so hard as a mom to quiet my mind and be still.  I heard this song in my mind, "O Senhor é a minha forca. Ele faz os meus pés como os da corsa. O Senhor, o soberano. Me faz andar em lugares altos."
And I was like, "come ON Trace... focus.... stop thinking of your brasilian songs".
THEN I was quiet.
Next day, I was in class and the teacher told me she thought of this verse for me during her quiet time with the Lord: Psalm 18:33
He makes my feet like the feet of a deer;
he causes me to stand on the heights.


Thats the  Portuguese song that came to mind during my silent moments the day before.  "The Lord, is my strenth.  He makes my feed like a deer's.  The Lord, most sovereign, makes me walk on high places."

Can I get an AMEN!!??!!
~Tracy

3 comments: