Monday, July 27, 2015

Lost in Bangkok


So we have Tracy's parents visiting U.S. And we wanted to take them to a mall close to Bangkok to treat them to some Mexican food since they had been troopers eating just Thai food for almost a week.
So the smoky piles in the car and we're off.  Google maps in hand we're ready to get to our destination...it's actually a mall Tracy and I have been to before but we just take a little different route.  So after plenty of wrong turns and finding ourselves going to straight to the heart of Bangkok during rush hour, we figured this might be a long night.
We were literally on the road for almost an hour and a half when we decided we better just head back home.  So we stopped if for some Americsn fast food and heading to put the boys down since it was already past their bedtime.  I, Cecil, felt really humbled depending so much on my iPhone and it let me down.  I feel Hesus wants me to know that my situation or circumstances don't need to determine my joy and peace, but rather it's the living God...Jesus Christ who offers this joy in the midst of frustration and confusion.  We made it home in one piece and Solas actually pulled out another tooth in the back of the car.

Cecil

1 comment:

  1. Google maps + Thailand = adventure.
    When I don't go through the trouble to check if the location is correct first, I invariably end up in the wrong place.

    ReplyDelete