Monday, December 1, 2014

Wrestling/Gym ministry

So I've met a young man...we'll call him "Ice"...and we've been hanging out recently.  He actually works as s security guard close in my neighborhood.   I asked him if he wanted to go to the gym with me tonight and he said he would, we've been doing this once a week or so.  As we we're warming up I noticed a call on his cell phone, it was his wife and she was very upset.  We ending up working out by just wrestling.  Then I looked at him and told him I knew he was making some bad decisions in life.  I ended up sharing how years ago before Christ I made many similar decisions, he's about 20 years old, and shared about his I felt empty.  Shared about how I knew I needed a change in my life...I gave my life to Jesus and he totally transformed me.  After a long talk he allowed me to pray over him.  Please commit to pray for my friend.  Ice mentioned how he feels this deep anger, like a raging storm within.  Pray that Jesus would quiet that storm, would cleanse him and give him new life...as He has given me.

Cecil

No comments:

Post a Comment