Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Traditional Night




So Tracy and I went to a Thai cultural dinner and traditional dance.  This was truly a marvelous experience.  I noticed all so the exquisite and delicious food that was offered.  I looked around the room and noticed many families sitting literally on the floor and enjoying their meals on cushions.  In the states no one would want to sit on the ground or families wouldn't bring their small children to an event such as this one.  But I was pleased to see small children enjoying the food and live entertainment.  The tradition dancers were certainly interesting, especially when their fingers and hands were bent far back.  One of the most entertaining parts was when they asked me to go up on stage as a volunteer and dance alongside other volunteers.  Of course I didn't want to be culturally insensitive so I went up there.  This night was a great experience learning more of the culture of Thailand.  It seems that every time I am able to have these opportunities to learn more about the culture the deeper my understanding is of the people and world of Thailand.  The very end of the show consisted of tribal dances outside, and there were many talented individuals from the North of Thailand.  It was especially wonderful to be with the Pinault's and Owens.

Cecil


























No comments:

Post a Comment