Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Language...phase 3 complete


So Tracy and I recently completed our 3rd module and just finished with the exam!  So each module is one book, each book has approximately 20 lessons and each lesson has anywhere from 12-20 vocabulary words.  Recently it has been a struggle to just continue with language on a daily basis.  It feels like we are hitting a wall, and just really trying hard to persevere.  We have been in Thailand for approximately 7 1/2 months and have been studying Thai a little over 6 months.  Tracy and I have recently incorporated into our schedule a morning and afternoon sabbath rest...which has been very life-giving.  We have noticed that we just keep going with little reprieve and have noticed signs that we would head toward "burn-out" unless we paced ourselves and incorporated rest and time to enjoy The Lord during our weekly routine.  I am grateful for friends who encourage us to pace ourselves and whose lives have been very refreshing to Tracy and me.  I must say I am very jazzed about this next season of language as well!  We are finally going to start reading and writing!  I have been studying it on my own and I am so excited to focus in on it full-time.  Please continue to pray for us as we go deeper in language, the culture and our friendships with Thai people..I feel that the more I get to know them the more I have a heart filled with love and compassion toward them.

Cecil

In Thailand as it is in Heaven


No comments:

Post a Comment