Thursday, April 3, 2014

Mr Koss our Taxi Man


So we are still saving up for a vehicle so we have been biking, calling taxis and taking public transportation.  So this is Koss...Tracy and I called a taxi service about 2 months ago and Mr Koss showed up at my doorstep.  I really hit it off with this guy.  I felt comfortable enough with him to fumble through my broken Thai and he was very gracious to me as I tried to communicate my thoughts.  I have actually taken his personal number and have used him as our taxi for the past 13 or so trips.  I have learned that he works 7 days a week...usually 12-14 hours a day.  He has been married for about 5 years and he has two little girls.  He loves to learn Thai and has been a taxi driver for the past year.  When I asked him if he likes being a taxi driver compared to the jobs he's had in the past, he's responded that he does because he enjoys driving around and the A/C of the car.  I know that he doesn't make too much money so for the past several times we have called him we try and give him a little tip to express our appreciation.  Mr. Koss and I have actually grown to be decent friends.  When I asked him the first time I met him how he says his name he replied, "Koss....like a...Santa Koss..."  Now when he shows up to the house he gives me a hug, which for those of you who don't know is extremely rare for Thai culture.  I pray that we can creat some space to have he and his family come over some time...not sure when that will be with him working all the time and the fact that my Thai isn't that well.  I do desire that I would be able to meet his family and that we could bless them in some way.  Please pray that Jesus would show Mr. Koss how much he is loved by our Savior.

Cecil

No comments:

Post a Comment