Saturday, March 28, 2015

Barber shop


So our family has been her for 15, almost 16 months, and I had been going to the same barber this whole time.  The difficult thing has been that the barber hasn't really that friendly...well, to be honest he hasn't been friendly at all.  After studying language for about 10 months did he feel comfortable having a conversation with me. Since then he certainly has warmed up to me and my family.  I have taken the boys to get a haircut from his wife, who works in the shop as well.  This past week that I was in their I actually had the longest conversation yet.  I found out so much about his life as well as the culture of Thai people.  So I discovered that he works everyday from 7:00 a.m-11:00 p.m. Without a single day off. In fact, the only time he takes off is during their two major holidays in the year.  Shortly after he mentioned this to me I told him that my family and I were leaving in the next few months.  He actually seemed like he was going to miss us.  I look forward to getting his contact information and following up on our friendship.  Pray that the LORD opens his eyes to the truth of Jesus.

Cecil

1 comment:

  1. Praying for this gentleman now. So proud to call y'all my brother and sister in Christ. Keep up the great work of an evangelist! Continue to be BOLD for Jesus!

    ReplyDelete